UPLIFT Registration Scholarships to be Awarded to Ethnic Minority Coaches
A STEP UP Program Overview
A STEP UP is an Athletic Symposium To Elevate Professionals & Uplift Performance for women’s basketball coaches and director of basketball operations personnel. This Professional Development Symposium will be held April 29 – May 1, 2011 in Chicago, IL. A STEP UP is administered by Felicia Hall Allen and Associates and supported by the NCAA.
CLICK Symposium Blog: https://upliftingcoaches.wordpress.com/
A STEP UP Mission
To help assistant coaches gain knowledge, discover coaching insights, develop strategies and techniques to help them reach their full coaching potential.
UPLIFT Registration Scholarships for Ethnic Minority Coaches
Due in part to the support of the NCAA’s Committee on Women’s Athletics and The Minorities Opportunities and Interest Committee, Felicia Hall Allen and Associates will provide registration scholarships. Scholarships valued at $150 will be awarded to ethnic minority coaches who are chosen from a pool of candidates that meet the eligibility requirements and submit a scholarship application by February 15, 2011.
NOTE: All participants awarded the UPLIFT Registration Scholarship will be responsible for their own travel arrangements, hotel costs and expenses to and from Chicago, IL.
UPLIFT Registration Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be currently employed part-time, full time or seeking employment as an assistant coach or director of basketball operations.
- Applicant must be an ethnic minority.
- All applicants must be available to attend the Symposium in its entirety (April 29 – May 1, 2011).
UPLIFT Registration Scholarship Selection Process:
All completed applications must be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail (13000 York Road, F-237, Charlotte, NC 28278) by Tuesday, February 15, 2011.
Applications should include:
- A current resume with three references.
- One typed letter of recommendation from your head coach or athletic director.
- Typed personal statement (no more than one page) outlining why you would like to attend A STEP UP-Chicago and how you believe it will benefit your professional development.
NOTE: All information submitted during the application process will become the property of Felicia Hall Allen and Associates and will not be returned.
The O’Hare Intercontinental Hotel has been selected as the host hotel for A STEP UP – Chicago 2011. The host hotel has a discounted room block for Symposium participants at a rate of $119 per night. Visit www.feliciahallallen.com to make your hotel reservations. Enter promotional code (ASU).
UPLIFT Registration Scholarship – Notification
All candidates selected to receive the UPLIFT Registration Scholarship will be notified by March 1, 2011.